Wednesday, November 14, 2012

SAVE THE PLASTIC TREES!

Hi! I'm back! I have a short attention span, so I lost interest in writing. I'm just gonna keep going and maybe someone will see it!

I had a really unusual thing happen at work the other day. We have plastic bags. Most stores do. A lot have recyclable, some have paper still, but in general it's plastic bags. In any case, this same thing happened with 3 different people, 3 different times of the day, and all 3 between the ages of 30 and 50. They had the same exact response.

I was just doing my cashier thing:

Me: "Hi! How're you doing today?"

Customer: "Good!"

Me: "Did you find everything OK?"

Customer: "Sure did."

Me: "Do you need a gift receipt?"
*I have to ask a LOT of fucking questions
Customer: "No thank you."

Me: "OK, your total is *insert total here. Would you like a bag for these?"

Customer: "No thanks. Save a tree."

...save a tree. Save a TREE? Do you mean all the poor plastic trees we cut down every year to make these plastic bags?

Quick! To our hippie mobile! We MUST save all the Polystyrene Trees before they're extinct!

I personally love when people mix their sayings. You save a tree when you choose to NOT waste paper because paper is made from trees. Trees are not made of plastic, dear ones.

I laugh even harder when Kat Von D says, "It's not rocket surgery."

People. Either they are getting dumber, or they have always been this dumb and now we have social media and TV to uncover them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment