Saturday, January 21, 2012

I just accidentally the Burt's Beeswax.

I say this to everybody, but I love my nephews. Conor is 2, very clever, and very particular about how he likes things. Lucas is 8 months old and probably the happiest baby I have ever seen. Seriously, this kid looks at you, and if you smile at him, he smiles and starts to giggle. 

Anyway, so I went over to visit my brother and sister today and Conor was "taking a nap". I quote that because my sister-in-law put him down for a nap an hour before I got there, and he was still awake and talking about wanting to go in the snow. So after another 30 minutes of hoping he'd fall asleep, my brother goes upstairs to get him and take him out to play.

Then we hear him say, "Ooohh, nnoooo."

You know, in that dejected, parental, "Oh god, why did you do that?" kind of voice.

He comes downstairs with him, and as soon as he rounds the corner, I can smell a strong minty sort of odor coming off of Conor from about 8 feet away. Then I see the tube of Burt's Beeswax lip balm in his hand, and suddenly it dawns on me what has happened.

My clever nephew decided to eat a large portion of the lip balm, and subsequently had it all over his face, in his hair, all over his fingers, and had rubbed it into his eyes (probably when wiping away tears when he was supposed to be napping).

Thankfully, Burt's Beeswax is not toxic, and he didn't eat too much of it. Plus, he had the lip balm smeared all over his cheeks, so my chapped lips felt a bit better when I gave him a kiss hello.

This is the same little boy who, 3 hours later, jumps up onto the foot rest and proclaims, "Conor on the hexagon!" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I didn't know what a hexagon was when I was 2! And the fact that he recognized the shape of it to be a hexagon was incredible!

Love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment