Sunday, January 1, 2012

And a Happy New Year It Will Be

Happy 2012 everybody! I hope you have prepared a list of things you plan to achieve before we all die December 21st! I know I have!

With that in mind, I'm going to be cliché and write my own list of things I hope to achieve before the end of the world.

1. Whine less.

I whine and complain way too much. And while I realize I wrote this blog based on an outlet for my complaining and whining, I intend to do much less in person. I'll keep it to writing. Let me revise that, then. #1 will be "Whine less in person."

2. Panic and worry only when it's necessary. Like for a severed artery, or my apartment caving down around us, or the apocalypse on December 21st.

I have this innate nature for panic and worry. I feel like my brain is always prepared to jump into its own panic room, which is incredibly annoying because who enjoys the feeling of a pounding heart and thinking you're going insane? So, I will work extra hard to be calm, with the help of my fantastic husband. Because he helps a lot.

3. Be more active.

All I do is sit around. I'm lucky my metabolism is so high, otherwise I'd be 5x my weight. But I get stir crazy, and that tends to lead to sadness, which somehow always leads to panic and worry. SO, I'm going to make an effort to go do stuff. Maybe take judo classes so I can take out those creepy dudes who come to my workplace.

4. Make more friends.

I sound like my own parents when I say that. But honestly, it is really difficult for me to make friends. Probably because I like my current friends and it'd be so much easier if they moved to me rather than make new ones.

5. Continue to keep contact with my friends and family.

I'm so bad with keeping in touch. Ask anybody who knows and likes me. It's not that I mean to forget, but I've always been an out of sight out of mind kind of person. It's something about me that naturally makes me a dick, which I don't like. This year I will keep talking to friends and family on a regular basis. Because that will also help me not feel lonely in new places.

It will be an even better year than this one, and it wasn't too shabby of a year.

2 comments: